Thursday, December 6, 2007

It's Gettin' Hot in Herre

The Weather Channel predicts rain today, but at a somewhat moderate 55 degrees Fahrenheit. I'd call that a little brisk but not severe enough to pull out my winter coat, gloves, scarf and earmuffs.

But apparently MUNI thinks 55 degrees warrants the heater to be blasted on high. I mean really HIGH, as in it's so fucking loud I can barely hear my iPod music even though the little dial is turned all the way up. So high, beads of sweat were forming on my forehead, neck and back.

I think MUNI also forgets one important thing: Packing 50 people on a bus generates a decent amount of body heat, which is accompanied with a nice musky filled atmosphere.

- Signing off in San Francisco

1 comment:

Tbex said...

Thanks for posting this, Kara. As I sat freezing in my jim jams in my home office today, for one tiny moment I missed the whole going downtown and sitting in a warm office thing. Thanks for reminding me about the harsh reality of muni and the joys of working from home!