Monday, January 5, 2009

C'est La Vie

This will be a medley of sorts as there's lots to update the adoring fans on.

#1 Fan
My friend told me I was severely slacking on blogging. I interpreted that as a true Bishop fan utterly saddened that he's not getting his semi-frequent (or infrequent) dose of snark. So no snark intended, but this is a nod, a raised eyebrow, a shake of the hand, a pat on the back to Bishop's numero uno fan: Eamonn aka Merrald aka Lance Aficionado. Thanks for caring.

"Happy (fucking) new year"
I think you're allowed to say these combination of words on January 1st, maybe through January 3rd, at the latest. But let's ease up on the phrase, because the novelty wears off quickly. Every time I get out of a cab, pass by a neighbor, read the close of an e-mail I see/hear it. Alright, I get it. Yippee.

Just say "no" or suffer the consequences
I got unwillingly volunteered (rather, suckered) into going to a concert with - hold for intensely heavy sigh - my manager. Not only is this concert with someone that has been making my good friend and colleague miserable, but the damn thing is on a Monday. In the East Bay. Really. I will suffer through it, but lesson learned here, people. Just say no or learn to lie.


Another One Bites the Dust
My lovely sister sent me a great big plant for my birthday. And when I say great big plant, I really mean it. The monstrosity is over 5 feet tall. Now, I am not known as the motherly, sensitive type and have killed a plant or two in my day due to, well, lack of caring. BUT, when I received my new plant (affectionately named "Planty") I had been hoping to change my ways and really succeed at keeping a living thing living.

Unfortunately, as the days passed my poor Planty began to wilt. A forgotten watering or two was the culprit, but in my angst and guilt I made the grave mistake of giving it a full pitcher of water. Little did I know that one can absolutely give too much love, or more accurately, drown it to death with love. Needless to say, Planty may be heading towards an early demise as leaf by leaf starts to turn black until it plunges to its inevitable death. Splat. Just like that.

For you optimists, stay tuned. A miracle may happen.

- Signing off from San Francisco

1 comment:

Members of the Data Revolution said...

New Years isn't the problem - it's the goddamn parties celebrating it.