Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I Hate You. Please Go Away.

I work with someone I (and many other people around me) suspect has real psychological issues. Issues that may or may not be helped with medication.

Let me be blunt here. Everyone has issues but we're all adults so fucking act like it in the workplace, goddammit.

Below is my holiday wish list for this person:
(Dear Santa, I've been a right bitch this year but no one deserves the ridiculous bullshit my colleagues and I have to deal with on a near daily basis.)

1. Do not cry at your desk. Ever.
Go to the bathroom and cry your heart out if you must, but please, please spare me the gut churning embarrassment of having to ignore the sound of barely suppressed sobs less than four feet from my cube.

2. I still have my coat on and my laptop is still cold and you want to talk about action items for the next two months.... why?
I'm so glad you're actually coherent this morning but STFU and give me five minutes to put down my bag, sit in my chair and turn my laptop on. Think about it, genius- I can't talk to you about an email you just sent me if I haven't even opened my inbox yet.

3. Stop slamming things. Stop throwing things. Just... stop. It.
You are not a toddler. Grow up and learn how to set things down gently. Frustration is not an excuse to startle everyone around you.

4. Talk in a normal tone of voice.
My ears are bleeding and only you have the the power to make it stop. On the flip side...

5. Stop mumbling to yourself.
...because no one wants to hear you responding to the voices in your head, as funny as it may be at times.

I mean, isn't crazy that I even have to write these things out? This person does all these things AND MORE. I've heard that she was even worse in the past but I'd prefer not to dwell on how that could be.

The more I think about it, the more depressed I get. This is my work life- this is what I have to deal with five days a week, eight hours a day.

(Actually, Santa- Just shoot me in the fucking face now, please. It would be a mercy killing.)

-Signing off in Seattle

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds like someone needs a xanex and a shot of whiskey.

as for you, my dear, you'll be getting a silver bullet in the mail come Dec 25th. treat yourself and buy the gun.