Thursday, February 14, 2008

Holy Shit...You ARE Clueless

So for the past month or so I've been slaving away at a press release. Now, that may seem like quite some time, but it is almost unimaginable how many people have to take a look at the stupid thing and how many people have to provide their 2 cents. And how much effort it takes to put the smack down on people complaining because their lame nonsensical, parochial additions couldn't make it in. Anyway, that's a whole separate blogworthy topic.

So, for the past 2 weeks my team has been pitching the news from this release and working together on other collateral. This is all per the usual, blah blah nothing new. I walk over to the CE's (equivalent to AAE) cube and we are chatting about account activity and I mention the release. Her question to me is:

Stop. Prepare, because this is a good one.

"Oh, what press release are you working on?"

Silence. Lots of eye blinks. The only response I could muster up was, "Is that a serious question?"

-Signing off from San Francisco

No comments: