Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Crap...

...it comes in many forms, but there's only one kind that all of us accumulate, er, or release on a daily bases (if lucky). So we can all relate to this next tale.

First, it needs to be said that I continue this rant about bathroom etiquette only because the atrocity that I witness on a daily basis is a need-to-be blogged about topic.

Now, I'm not sure if my Seattle counterpart just happens to live in a cleaner city where all you see on the toilet seat in the ladies room is a little pee, but in the Bay Area our women take their dumps heartily, frequently, and well, all over the place.

The visual....

I walk into the ladies room - which is always in a state of nastiness with USED toilet paper everywhere and a constant stench of ass mixed with potpourri - and walk to the last stall, because in our office the "crapper" stall is the first one you come up to.

Lo and behold, I see a sizeable piece of crap ON THE TOILET SEAT. Please keep in mind that this is not a smear or a questionable something or other. It's shit. A big one. To make matters worse, this individual thought it best to squish it down with a piece of the toilet seat cover that apparently was not used during her dumping.

Nothing left to say but what the fuck, dude, what the fuck.

So, in light of this incident, here's a gem of an e-mail that all the women in our office received from one female VP. Normally, I hate these types of office caveats and FYI's, but this one was welcomed.

---------------------
Hi Ladies:

While I know people from other floors leverage our bathroom facilities - therefore they could quite possibly be the people that make it a bit on the filthy side. However, just in case, I wanted to send out a friendly reminder that when you use the "WC" please be sure to pick up after yourself - even if something gross falls on the floor or seat.

We all know what I am talking about....

- pick up paper on floor
- wipe seat
- wipe counter top if excessive

Thank you in advance!

XXX and Others (I am just the sender of the email - don't get annoyed off the messenger)

-Signing off from San Francisco

2 comments:

Tbex said...

this entry just made me want to leave my job!!

Anonymous said...

do it! leave!

i recall a similar posting from seattle blogger - when said blogger was in the bay area. coincidence?

may it be noted that i have NEVER seen this happen in my 8 mos. here. :) hehe

LEAVE NOW!!!!!!!! just kidding.