Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Word to the Little People

Facts first.

In my office here's the list of titles and how they rank from head honcho down to the little peeps:

CEO
General Manager
Senior Vice President
Vice President
Director
Supervisor
Senior Account Executive
Account Executive
Assistant Account Executive
Account Coordinator

The Exposition.

Vice Presidents and up typically send out-of-office notifications to the entire office, because they are always in and out due to new business pitches. It's necessary, and let's face it, if I were a VP I'd have the narcissistic desire to have people care about my whereabouts. No one does, but an inflated ego is an obligatory trait that comes with the title. I digress...

The e-mail.

--------------------------------
Subject: Me, Next Week
--------------------------------

Hi [entire office] -

I will be out for the holidays starting next week and will return to the office on Wednesday, December 27. I'm in touch with my teams, but wanted to check in with the rest of the office, just in case.

Cheers,

XXX

The individual that sent this e-mail is notoriously obnoxious. Not just "Eh, she's nice, just lacking a little social skills" obnoxious...I mean she's the "Yes, I know I'm obnoxious, but my all knowing brilliance seeps out from my pores so I can't contain it" type of obnoxious.

I pause here to roll my eyes and say "oy vey."

Now, this employee is also an assistant account executive (AAE). Yes, please refer back to the list above and take note that she is second to last on the big ass totem pole. So, there's absolutely nothing wrong with being an AAE - it's an important position. But when you're only a yard stick past entry level, it would be best to keep your pompous attitude in check. No?

My piece of advice to XXX. Stop it. Just stop it.

-Signing off from San Francisco

3 comments:

Tbex said...

YES JUST STOP IT!!

I love it that you have so succinctly noted that her obnoxious-ness seeps out from her pores. Maybe her secret santa will buy her a 'step-down a notch face mask?'

Tbex said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Members of the Data Revolution said...

Nothing beats the transparent Friday "I am taking a personal day" email when said person was trashed in front of half the company the previous night at Kells yet tries to pass it off as the flu. Take it like a man and puke at your desk